Email is one of the popular Internet applications and a very important communication and information sharing platform in our campus. In order to protect email from security threats and particularly malware, ICTO had implemented a Secure Email Gateway for UM@Connect. All emails sent from internet (external) and delivered to your UM@Connect mailbox are scanned at the Secure Email Gateway.
What does Secure Email Gateway prevent?
- Email viruses
In 2019-July, UM@Connect Secure Email Gateway has scanned total 457,334 emails and blocked 30,710 malicious emails.
What functions Secure Email Gateway provide?
- Detect and quarantine the suspected emails
- Malicious URL blocking
- Product promotions, email newsletter and bulk emails will be quarantined automatically
- Separate suspected emails in personal quarantine folder for 30 days
- Daily digest will be sent to your mailbox at 20:00 which listed all quarantined emails stored in the last 24 hours
- Allow users to setup their own policy to whitelist/blacklist specific sender
View and Manage your Quarantined Email
- Login to “Quarantine Console” with your UMPass and you can view all the quarantined emails.
- Allow to receive specific emails which have been quarantined:
- Select the email in the “Quarantine Console”
- Click “Deliver & Approve Sender”
If you still receive suspicious emails in your UM@Connect mailbox, you can follow the steps in this FAQ to report it to ICTO. Similarly, if you find the Secure Email Gateway quarantined any important email incorrectly, you can forward that email to ICTO for further investigation.