To enhance the security of UM users’ personal computer, all staff members and students of the University of Macau are entitled to install “ESET Internet Security” (2017 version) on one personally owned computer.
Many new features are included in this latest version. They are Ransomware Shield, Script-Based Attack Protection, Webcam Protection and Home Network Protection.
For more information on this product, please refer to the following link.
ESET provides only one year full version license of Internet Security (with the prefix “Trial”) and it will expire in 365 days after registration. To protect your computer ICTO recommends to perform the license renewal before the expiry date.
If you are not sure whether your license is already expired or not, you may refer to the following steps to confirm:
1. If license is expired, your ESET Anti-Virus software will show a message ‘License expired’ in software home screen.
2. You can visit and login to the ICTO Account Information Page to renew the license.
3. You can see ‘Not Applied’ in “License > ESET Internet Security”, agree the disclaimer and submit it.
4. The new Serial Number will display on screen. You may see there are several columns about Serial Number. Please use the latest Serial Number for the next step – product registration.
5. Please visit the link (English/ Chinese) and input the compulsory fields to register the ESET’s product.
6. Once completed the product registration, system will send an email which contains the *Username, Password and Download link to the registered email address.
7a. If your ESET’s product is Version 8.x and earlier, you can activate it by using the Username and Password.
7b. If your ESET’s product is Version 9, you need to convert the Username and Password to a License Key at here.
8. Double click on the ESET icon from the System Tray and select [Activate product].
9. Input the License Key as shown below and then click on [Activate].
10. Select [Done] to finish the activation.