To encourage student to use the student’s lifelong email service – UM@Connect, we offer the option of customised email alias for application. All students on UM@Connect can apply a customised mail alias to represent your personal identify. It is a supplement to the existing email address with student number.
The customised email alias can
- provide a more meaningful email address for better external communication.
- make the email address easier to read, write and remember with your own identity.
- be lifelong as UM@Connect email service.
How to Apply Customised Email Alias on UM@Connect?
- Apply UM@Connect Service.
- Visit https://account.icto.umac.mo/ and go to “Email Alias (UM@Connect)” to register the email alias.
Please read the following before submitting your application.
- Customized email alias can be applied once. Please consider carefully before submitting the application.
- Please follow the naming requirement before registering the email alias.
- Application will be accepted on first-come-first-served basis.
- After registered the email alias, it will be associated with your UM@Connect account after 4 hours.
- All emails sent to the customized email alias (email@example.com) will be delivered to your UM@Connect mailbox.
To let UM members know your student identity, a footnote will be appended automatically at the bottom of all emails sent from UM@Connect to the standard UM email address (@umac.mo).
Contents of the footnote (Example):
Sent from UM@Connect Jacky, Chan Tai Man (ab12345).
For more information about UM@Connect email alias, please refer to the FAQ.