To share latest updates regarding ICTO services, collect feedback and suggestions from students, ICTO holds Student User Focus Group meeting regularly. The meeting aims to enhance communication between ICTO and students. On 13 April 2016, the 3rd SUFG meeting for Academic Year 2015/2016 was held.
In the meeting, ICTO’s representatives shared:
- Computing facilities maintenance plan for computer rooms during summer recess
- The launch of MobilePrint printing service
- Survey conducted on the usage of ICTO’s computer rooms
- Deployment plan of student self-customized email alias for UM@Connect
- Usage and testing result of Wi-Fi 5G SSID on specific floors of particular RCs
- Wireless Access Point relocation plan for RCs
- Launch of third issue of ICTO Newsletter
- Termination of security updates for older versions of Internet Explorer & Windows 8
- Unauthorized digital contents downloading/uploading issue
Student representatives expressed their opinions on self-customised email alias service and asked questions about the Follow-You printing, fast access PCs and wireless services to know more about the services.
For more details about the 3rd SUFG meeting, please refer to the minutes: