To share the latest updates about ICTO services and facilities, collect feedback and suggestions from students, ICTO holds Student User Focus Group (SUFG) meetings regularly every academic year.
On 19 September 2018, the 1st SUFG meeting for Academic Year 2018/2019 was organised.
In the meeting, ICTO shared following updates with students:
- Preparation works performed in computer rooms and Learning Commons such as Deployment of Windows 10 and additional Fast-Access PCs for Learning Commons
- Briefing about IT services and facilities to new students and campus tour
- Launch of online ICTO Service Handbook
- Materials about phishing emails and IT security
- Publication of 13th issue of ICTO Newsletter
- myUM Portal for access of web-based information services
- Push Notification of Moodle mobile app
- User Satisfaction Survey on ICTO Services 2017-2018
- Information Security Updates
- The First UM Intellectual Hackathon
On the other hand, students’ representatives suggested ICTO to conduct the Satisfaction Survey periodically. Students’ representatives also enquired about the steps ICTO has taken to improve information security and network service. ICTO’s representatives updated students’ representatives and replied the enquiries.
For more details about the SUFG, please refer to