In order to enrich the UM communication platform, ICTO has launched the unified client “Jabber” for staff. Jabber is similar to the softphone we used on old campus, but it is much easy to use and has more new features. With this single client, staff can access all our Communication Services anywhere on any device. Along with the launch of Jabber, voice mail function is opened to all UM staff.
Highlighted Features of Jabber Client:
- Easily access voice call, point-to-point video call, voice mail, file sharing, desktop sharing and audio conferencing capabilities with PC or mobile device.
- Call back to Macao worldwide for work purpose without making long distance call. E.g. staff can make a call to their colleagues or receive a call with their extension when working outside Macao with their mobile client.
- Easily find and call colleagues’ extension via PC or mobile.
- Easily make a call by clicking a call button on the contact of emails in MS Outlook or the contact list on Jabber clients.
- Send and receive instant messages to/from colleagues.
- Easily set up call forward with mobile client when they are not at their workstation.
- Make or receive calls with office extension when they are not at their workstation.
How to install the application?
On 30 November, 2017, we have installed Cisco Jabber on computers provided by ICTO automatically. Staff can find the Cisco Jabber in the list of programs.
Staff can also install “Cisco Jabber” on their mobile devices by scanning the QR Code:
How to log into the Jabber client?
UM Staff can login the Jabber client with the UMPASS. To login Jabber client on your personal devices such as mobile device, please enter UserID@pclan.umac.mo at the first time, then you can login with your UMPASS.
Regarding the features and operations of Jabber client, please refer to the following quick reference guide and FAQ.